Last Updated – February 27, 2021
Away to Africa’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy
Amid the Covid-19 Pandemic Away To Africa commits to monitoring travel restrictions imposed by the World Health Organization (WHO). Away To Africa will continue updating our tours to reflect travel restrictions imposed by countries around the world.
AWAY TO AFRICA’S COMMITMENT To OUr Clients
Away to Africa is committed to providing our clients with the flexibility and comfort of knowing when booking an Away to Africa tour, you are secured by our “COVID-19 Return Policy”.
What does this mean for you? If you book by July 31, 2021 for travel through December 31, 2022, you may change or cancel your trip up to 14 days prior to departure for any COVID-19 reason* and you will receive full credit toward future travel.
If you make the decision to cancel your trip and receive a refund your trip is fully refundable, less any administrative fees, expenses paid and airline tickets purchased. Once Away to Africa makes a payout, guests will claim the remaining amount through their travel insurance policy.
*COVID-19 reasons include:
- A Level 4, ‘Do Not Travel Global Advisory’ issued to the destination country of tour is issued by the U.S. Department of State.
- An extended quarantine requirement is issued by the government of the destination country of tour.
- A Level 4, ‘Do Not Travel Global Advisory’ issued by the U.S. Department of State.
- If the government of traveler’s residence restricts all travel, with the exception of restriction travel.
- The restriction of international flights prohibits travelers from traveling to the destination country of tour.
UPDATED CANCELLATION POLICY
Away to Africa updated the Cancellation Policy allowing more time to make decisions about your future travel plans without worrying about increasing penalties due to COVID-19.
All guests confirmed for travel through December 31, 2022, may change or cancel their tour and transfer your funds as a credit to a future Away to Africa tour or receive a full refund on all payments made.
The terms of the COVID-19 Cancellation Policy are listed below
- Effective immediately and in accordance with Away to Africa’s standard ‘Booking Conditions’, it is required that all guests for all future bookings obtain travel insurance. You have the option of choosing your own insurance company or securing your insurance with Away to Africa’s preferred travel insurance agent.
- Deposits are fully refundable within 45 days of making an initial deposit.
- Any Away to Africa tours cancelled less than 14 days prior to departure due to COVID-19, are fully refundable, less any administrative fees, expenses paid and airline tickets purchased. Once Away to Africa makes a payout, guests will claim the remaining amount through their travel insurance policy.
ADHERING TO FUTURE TRAVEL
Away to Africa will continue to monitor the travel restrictions imposed by counties throughout the world. Additionally, Away to Africa will adhere to updates provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and advise guests on the safety procedures of traveling from country to country.
Away to Africa’s policies and statements are subject to change as our team continues to monitor Covid-19 and how it affects the travel and tourism industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
Away to Africa cancelled all tours from the beginning of April until the end of October. We will resume tours beginning in July 2021.
Away to Africa is staying abreast of all updates regarding the opening of county borders for international travels. Additionally, Away to Africa will monitor and adhere to health advisories and clearances imposed by WHO and specific standards set by the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
If Away to Africa needs to cancel a tour due to COVID-19, the COVID-19 Cancellation Policy will serve as a guidance to all guests who booked a tour.